- Analysing how you use global i-casts
- Giving you a better, more personalised experience
- Recognising when you’ve signed in
- Giving people outside the UK the international version of global i-casts website (which has adverts).
Strictly Necessary cookies These cookies let you use all the different parts of global i-casts. Without them services that you have asked for cannot be provided. Some examples of how we use these cookies are:
- Signing into global i-casts
- Remembering previous actions such as text entered into a registration form when navigating back to a page in the same session
- Remembering security settings which restrict access to certain content e.g. to help with parental control choices.
Functional cookies These help us personalise global i-casts to you. For instance, remembering your preferences and settings so if you set a location on global i-casts homepage, we’ll remember it using functional cookies and use it to give you local news and weather. They also remember your choice of playlist and favourites and help fulfil requests by you such as commenting on a blog. Some examples of these cookies are:
- Flash cookies, which are stored on your hard drive, not your browser. These are useful for things like pausing a programme on iPlayer and then later picking up where you left off.
- Remembering if you visited the website before so that messages for new visitors are not displayed to you
- Remembering settings applied to the website such as colour, font size and layout.
Performance cookies These help us understand how people are using global i-casts online, so we can make it better. And they let us try out different ideas. We sometimes get other companies to analyse how people are using global i-casts online. These companies may set their own performance cookies You can opt out of these cookies here. Some examples of how we use these cookies are:
- To collect information about which web pages visitors go to most often so we can improve the online experience
- Error management to make sure that the website is working properly
- Testing designs to help improve the look and feel of the website.